Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lobster: Impossible

The guilt! JFC! I almost had to pay 5 lobsters the other day because I didn't know how to cook them..or at least I thought knew how. Well, so far the stress with the lobsters and me were completely an odyssey.

This is the story of Alan Cedeno, me, yes me, a guy who´s a line cook who thought that knew everything about cooking techniques and suddenly I make a huge mistake, I boiled them in cold water, all 5 of them in the potter; well almost boiled them because my boss, came to safe the lobsters...LOL!

(If you have bad dreams when you hear a lobster being cooked alive and feel the lobster's pain, skip next paragraph).

The gorgeous and fresh lobsters were waiting in the potter to die slowly while me was doing something else, when my boss came almost punched me on the face LOL! and told me if i Knew how to cook the lobster , I told him I think I knew, he said well that's not how we do it here...I was like DANGIT! and me thinking, ( I don´t want to get charge for the lobster...I don't want to get charge for the lobsters..) surprisingly he taught me how to cook them with all the patience in the world..( one of the reasons I like the guy, his got bad temper but reasons at the same time..only bad temper for like 20 secs than nothing happened), so what he did was to tell me to get a metal bowl with ice and water, made me take the lobsters out of the potter and than he showed me how to cut the tails, knuckles, and head out. Later get the tails and knuckles to boil and the head safe them for a "bisque"  which is supposedly a a crab cream soup, but in Fratelli Lyon where I work is with Lobster..so any ways after the lobster mission was done... I was embarrassed ROFL!

I learned a new way of cooking lobster and it was a really hard mission, but at the end of the day everything went smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment