Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rack or Rag? WTH!?

Yesterday while doing some "mise in place" french term for putting in place I got so confuse by the English words such as Rack and Rag. I mean Rack is a frame in which thins are hung or kept; which is used to put food or other ingredients already prepared to have some order, and Rag is a piece of cloth used to clean, polish or dust.

It was funny because the chef while in service hours he was asking me for a Rag and I brought him the Rack... HAHAHA!

I was so *red* I didn't know where to hide, but it was funny. My boss is not the same guy in work than out of work but when he is in work, dammit! he is very good! so I didn't know what to reply when he asked me if I ever worked in a kitchen before...ROFL! He even told me that if I came from a McDonald's or something related with junk food restaurants. I said NO!  - Of course not! and he was like - Seriously!? are you sure you're telling me the truth?! I was really scared at first but hey the Rack and Rag thing was a new thing to me, he even told me if he wanted him to speak Spanish LOL! - I can speak Spanish perfectly 'papa' and I was  like - Hell no!  :D  that was like...I need to hide I need to hide hahahaha.

By far he is the best chef and boss I've met so far, hope things will be good this next 3 months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment